I’ve always been drawn to crystals for their beauty and have been fascinated by how crystals were formed deep within the Earth. I wasn’t aware of the amazing qualities and healing properties Crystal’s offer until my years of immersing in holistic wellness and thats when the fun of collecting and healing with crystals began for me.
Towards the end of my time working with a holistic lifestyle nutritionist, she gifted me with a small pouch of tumbled crystals that were personally picked for area’s in which she believed were out of balance for me. This was one of the most thoughtful gift I ever received and since then I love to give people I care about crystal’s I intuitively pick for them according to what they’re going through.
Learning about crystals is continuously fascinating and I am always seeking more and more ..
Crystals are often referred to as “stone people” or “wisdom keepers,” because they hold thousands or even millions of years of the Earth’s history within them. Ancient civilizations have worked with the energy of the Earth since the beginning of time, finding guidance from that which lived under their feet.
In his book, Vibrational Medicine, Dr. Richard Gerber explains: “…human beings are, to some extent, living crystals. Certain aspects of the human energy system have the same transformational properties as natural quartz crystals. When one uses natural quartz crystals to heal the body, energy transference occurs partly because of a resonance effect between the quartz crystal and those cellular crystal systems with quartz-like properties.
Gemstone and Crystal therapy is an alternative technique for strengthening the body and resolving issues and patterns. They carry vibrational rates. By placing these vibrational rates within the aura, your aura’s vibrational rates also change.
Crystals and gemstones are tools for healing and meditation.
Working with Crystals and Reiki is very powerful for healing.
I’ve received massages with healers that do crystal work on the chakra’s as well ..
If you’re interested in welcoming some more spirituality and positive energy into your life with crystals, here are some tips I can offer:
Step 1~You may have the “this is it” feeling the minute you lay eyes on a certain crystal, or it may take you a bit longer to connect with one. Even if two crystals might look similar in color, shape, and size, it does not mean that they will have the same energetic effect on you.
Like people, each crystal is unique and different. Each stone has its own vibrational blueprint, so take the time to shop around for different types before you decide which one is perfect for you. When choosing your crystal be sure to hold the crystal in your hands for a few moments so you can truly feel its energetic effect on you.
Personally, I go about crystal shopping a few different ways..Sometimes I intuitively choose the crystal’s I feel are calling me depending on their healing properties or something else that might be drawing me in.. other times I go to crystal shop’s with an experienced crystal smyth and ask her or him to guide me to crystal’s I feel are area’s that I need help with.
Step 2: Recharge its energy.
Once you’ve picked out your crystal, it’s important that you cleanse it to clear out the negative energy of the many hands that touched it before you. I like to soak a new crystal in salted water and then place it outside under the sun or moon for a few hours. (If you live in a building, placing it near a window especially with a new moon)
Then, I’ll light some sage and smudge over the crystal.
Step 3: Set your intention.
Set your intention in line with the energy of the crystal. The power in this simple ritual resides in you, not the crystal. It’s important to hold the crystal in your hands or to touch it if it’s a larger stone. Sit quietly and breathe. Connect to your breath, the Earth that you live on, and the stone that you are touching.
For some this is a time for prayer; for others it’s one to clear the mind and simply be. State what you want to manifest in your life. You can say this silently to yourself, or say it out loud to create a powerful energy.
The crystal energy of the Earth is a tool to help you become more centered, grounded, and balanced.
~ Watch out about holding crystals that can highly activate you too close to bedtime. Ive experienced these adverse responses that kept me feeling wired and disruptive to sleep.
Step 4~Keep a new stone/crystal with you as much as possible for a week. Place it next to your bed when you sleep at night. Wear it on you during the day. Pay attention to your moods, your interactions with others and your dreams. Ask, “What does this stone do?” Let your higher-self tell you.
Crystal grids are an incredibly powerful energy tool to use when manifesting your desires, goals and intentions. The power of a crystal grid comes from the union of energies created between the healing stones, sacred geometry and your intention. The combination of the power of crystals in a geometric pattern greatly strengthens your focused intention to manifest results much quicker.
I started playing around with making a grid with my crystal’s …
Here’s a quick how to :
~The first step to making a crystal grid layout is deciding on what goal or intention you are looking to manifest. Do you want to bring more abundance into your life? Do you want to maintain your health and fitness goals? Do you need to boost your creativity? Are you looking for help sleeping through the night?
When choosing your intention, be as specific as you can, as this will determine which healing stones you choose as part of your grid.
~Cleanse your space by burning sage or Palo Santo to clear the energy of your space.
~Write your intention on a piece of paper. Then fold your written intention and place it in the center of your crystal grid cloth.
~Breathe deeply and state your intention aloud, or visualize it in your mind.
~Set up the surrounding stones in your crystal grid layout. Start from the exterior and move towards the center. As you are placing each stone into your crystal grid, make sure you keep your intention in mind.
Place your center crystal on top of your written intention.
~Next, activate the crystal grid layout. Take a quartz crystal point (can be small or large), and starting from the outside, draw an invisible line between each stone to energetically connect each to the next. Think about it like “connecting the dots” when you were a kid.
The Grid is now activated ..You can light some candles and burn sage to seal the intentions and energy.
Leave the grid as is for up to 40 days to get maximum benefits.
Properties of Crystals and Gem stones:
• Amazonite – Improves self-worth; increases confidence
• Amber – Lifts heaviness, allowing happiness to come through
• Amethyst – Spiritual upliftment; calming and cleansing, put under pillow for nightmares or restless sleep; cleanses all other stones
• Apache tears – the “grief stone”; allows tears to be shed
• Aquamarine – To heal grief of the heart; open to love; gives feeling of peace; connects to ocean beings (use with Karuna Iava symbol)
• Aventurine – restores heart energy; relieves shyness; opens lungs
• Black Onyx – Helps one to change bad habits; grounding
• Calcite (white) – heals relationships (use with Karuna Harth symbol)
• Calcite (blue) – clears energy in room; grounding (use with Karuna Rama symbol)
• Carnelian – Balances creativity and mental processes; heals emotions
• Citrine – Upliftment; helps align the spine; good money stone
• Clear quartz – connects to source energy; all purpose crystal; put on computer screens, microwaves and tv’s to balance EMFs’; amplifies inner light
• Coral – Protects and strengthens one’s emotional foundation; woman’s stone; regulates blood and spleen; aids menstruation
• Diamond – Increases personal clarity; connect with higher-self
• Elestial quartz (smoky) – good for 3rd eye (use with Karuna Zonar symbol)
• Emerald – Strong physical and emotional healing
• Fresh Water Pearl – Enables one to accept love; self-love
• Garnet – grounding; increases fertility; heightens sexuality (use with Karuna Rama symbol)
• Gold – Master healer; radiates energy of the sun; masculine
• Green Fluorite – Hormonal balancer; aids PMS and menopause
• Hematite – returns negative energy through its reflection; grounding; physical healing (tape to muscles); reduce insomnia
• Herkimer diamond – assists in attuning to divine will
• Jade – Relaxation; calmness; opens heart; muscle tension
• Jasper (green, red & yellow) – reclaim power; nurturing stone
• Kunzite (pink) – Emotional support; love without fear; unconditional love (use with Karuna Shanti symbol)
• Labradorite – Assists in discovering your destiny and provides clarity of inner insight. Descended from other galaxies and connects the wizard within.
• Lapis Lazuli – Understand the mind; expand your viewpoint; speak your truth
• Malachite – Harmony; birthing stone; opens heart; self-awareness
• Moldavite – Strong grounding; assists in communicating with whales, dolphins and star people
• Moonstone (white) – Balances yin/yang; reduces water retention; protects travelers; increases energy at full moon (cleanse stone then)
• Moss Agate – Get in touch with nature; plant knowledge
• Mother of Pearl – Protection; know mother’s love
• Opal – See possibilities; discover a broader view
• Pearl (fresh water) – accept love; see good parts of yourself
• Peridot – Brings the energies from the aura into the physical body; useful after energy work; focus on bringing in vitalized energy
• Pyrite (iron) – reflects negative energy; good for children; enhances brain; strengthens field and grounds divine light within
• Rainbow Fluorite – Assists in changes; removes old habits; clears head
• Rose Quartz – Emotional balance; balancing the heart; calms restless child
• Rhodonite – Emotional support; helps one take the next step
• Rhodocrosite – Gives one confidence while making desired changes (use with Karuna Halu symbol)
• Ruby – Love; opens the heart
• Sapphire – Mental clarity; clear mental garbage
• Selenite – Enables access to information from the Pleiades. Heals negativity and fears, and cleanses other stones.
• Silver – receptive; meditation; feminine
• Smokey Quartz – emotional balancer; transmutes negative
• Sodalite – Protection; reduces EMF produced from computers, tv’s & micros
• Sugelite – connects to your spirit; 3rd eyestones; protects empaths
• Sunstone – Enhances contemplation; great for meditating and dreaming
• Tanzanite – Changes mental views; goal planning
• Tiger’s eye (yellow) – Gives you energy; grounds psychic energy; promotes clairvoyance; attracts money; balances mind
• Tiger’s eye (blue) – Manifest dreams; gives support during hard times; remove old layers (use with Karuna Kriya symbol)
• Tourmaline (black) – grounding; protection
• Tourmaline (green) – Money stone; promotes male balance and physical healing
• Tourmaline (pink) – allows ability to receive love; good for over givers (especially women); promotes female balance and protection; will change colors in light
• Tourmaline (watermelon) – lucky for artists; brings on the inner muse; balances yin/yang ; attracts love; calms 3rd eye; (use with Karuna Shanti symbol)
• Turquoise – protection stone; tones organs; strengthens communication
• Zoisite – connects to higher mind (use with Elestial Quartz and Karuna Gnosa symbol)